Please read carefully the application rules before applying
You can download it here: Application Rules
The application form is at the bottom of the page.
Application Rules of Alumni Meeting and EMEAC 2018
Alumni Meeting & EMEAC İstanbul 2018
Date: 7th-8th April
Fee: 20€ (Accomodation, Saturday Dinner, Sunday all meals, Monday Breakfast and Lunch included)
Date: 8th-14th April
Fee: 100€ (6nights accomodation, 5 dinners, 1 final dinner, 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches included)
> From January 25th, 23:59 (UTC) to February 26th 2018, 23:59 (UTC)
The first round of applications starts.
At the end of this first round, EUROAVIA İstanbul will contact the Local Boards and will ask them to create a priority list with the applications received from their AS/PAS/PPAS/AM/PAM/PPAM. We encourage the Local Boards to choose one experienced member and one new member at the top of their priority list.
During this first round of applications, only 2 people per AS/PAS/PPAS/AM/PAM/PPAM and 1 person from each WG will be confirmed according to the priority list. Further applicants will be put on a waiting list. This rule does not apply to members of the IB (priority status). All International Board and Designated International Board members should apply before this deadline.
At this moment, the limit of participants is 50. Vacant spots that become available before the application deadline due to cancellation will be assigned to applicants on the waiting list. Applicants from an AS/PAS/PPAS/AM/PAM/PPAM with less confirmed participants have priority; between them, the priority list order will be followed.
> Until February 26th 2018, 23:59 (UTC)
The participant’s list will be published and updated daily. If the limit of participants is not reached, all the remaining available vacancies will be filled up according to the waiting list.
All Local Boards are advised to send to EUROAVIA İstanbul the top 2 person priority list as early as possible, following the participant’s list published on the website! By doing so, the participants will have more time to buy flight tickets thus reducing costs.
From the 1st March until the 7th of March, EUROAVIA Istanbul will contact the Local Groups to get their Priority Lists. If no answer is received from them within this period, we will apply the first-come-first-served basis.
> Until March 14th 2018, 23:59 (UTC)
If there are still some vacancies and the waiting list is empty, the second and last period of applications will be opened. In this second period, a maximum amount of 5 members per AS/PAS/PPAS/AM/PAM/PPAM shall be accepted in order to ensure the diversity of the Congress on a first-come, first-served basis.
The last application deadline ends.
Time zone conversion
Eastern European Time (EET) is 3 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
EUROAVIA İstanbul will send the payment information to the confirmed applicants. EUROAVIA İstanbul will accept bank transfers. The transfer costs for both services should be covered by the applicant so that EUROAVIA İstanbul receives a total amount of 20€/100€/120€. EUROAVIA İstanbul will accept cash payments.
– After March 6th, 23:59 (UTC) if an applicant cancels his/her application, he/she will have to pay 50% of the total participation fee of 20€/100€/120€ (that is 10€/50€/60€). In case the participant does not pay, his/her AS/PAS/PPAS/AM/PAM/PPAM will have to cover the costs.
– After March 13st, 23:59 (UTC) if an applicant cancels his/her application, he/she will have to pay 75% of the total participation fee of 20€/100€/120€ (that is 15€/75€/90€). In case the participant does not pay, his/her AS/PAS/PPAS/AM/PAM/PPAM will have to cover the costs.
– On March 20th, 23:59 (UTC) the deadline for a last-minute cancellation ends. If the applicant cancels her/his participation after this deadline, she/he will have to pay the entire participation fee (that is 20€/100€/120€). In case the participant does not pay, his/her AS/PAS/PPAS/AM/PAM/PPAM will have to cover the costs.
Regardless the deadline period, each applicant has 1 week of free cancellation after the confirmation is received. After that week, the cancellation fee is selected according to the above periods.
- Statement of responsibility exoneration: I accept that participating to any of the Association’s activities I am responsible for myself and therefore exonerate and relieve EUROAVIA and its members from any civil and penal responsibility, for any potential damage, accident, injury and illness (including death and any kind of invalidity) caused to myself or others and connected or coming from the execution of the Association’s activities and the use of the facilities and the equipment needed to execute them, here included accidents and injuries to myself caused by others’ actions.
- Waiver for the shooting and publication of images, video and audio recording: I authorize the photography and/or the video and audio recording of myself, only done for institutional purposes, during any activity or event organized by the Association. I consent to the processing and publication, only for institutional purposes, of video and audio records, photos and/or images of myself on internet, on the Facebook pages, Twitter and the EUROAVIA YouTube channel and on the EUROAVIA Newsletter.
General Application Procedure
- The applicant reads, understands and accepts the general application rules.
- The applicant fills in the application form on the website and sends it to EUROAVIA İstanbul by clicking the SEND button. By filling in the application form, the applicant confirms her/his participation in the event.
- EUROAVIA İstanbul will ask the applicant’s AS/PAS/PPAS/AM/PAM/PPAM for a membership confirmation of the applicant and the priority status will be checked. By confirming the membership, the Local Boards becomes responsible for the actions of the confirmed member.
- The applicant pays the participation fee of 20€/100€/120€ to EUROAVIA İstanbul.
- As soon as EUROAVIA İstanbul receives the participation fee, the applicant will be fully confirmed which will be shown on the participant’s list.
- After the end of the event, the applicant will get a participation document. In case the applicant cancels his/her application after the cancellation deadline or does not show up at the event, his/her AS/PAS/PPAS/AM/PAM/PPAM is responsible for paying to EUROAVIA İstanbul the deposit of the participation fee (20€/100€/120€).
Special Application Rules for PAS/PPAS/PAM/PPAM
Applications coming from a PAS/PPAS/PAM/PPAM are accepted subject to confirmation by the IB.
IB Application Rules
The IB will be held responsible for any cancellation fee for its members.